Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
We had a wonderful time in Hawaii – many pina coladas and snorkeling trips. I even jumped off a 32′ rock bridge into the ocean, which was super scary. Here are a few random snapshots:
We sadly came back to reality and back to the grocery store. I tried an AMAZING new recipe that I got from Real Simple Magazine, that I wanted to share with you. The recipe is Gingery Peanut Noodles with Chicken. It was a really easy recipe. Step 1: Shred a rotisserie chicken.
Chop up the veggies. I left the skin on the cucumber and was happy that I did. Seemed to keep them crisp.
Cook the pasta. I used fettuccine (Real Simple recommended spaghetti).
While the pasta is cooking blend the peanut butter, water, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar. It will be really watery but don’t worry, the food will soak up the deliciousness.
The final result was an instant hit with me and the hubby. He said the leftovers were still as good the next day. Hope you enjoy!
Here are is an easy to read list of ingredients and instructions thanks to Real Simple.
Gingery Peanut Noodles with Chicken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 20m| Total Time: 20m
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 English Cucumber, cut into strips
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup water with the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Add the peanut mixture, chicken, bell pepper, cucumber, and green onions to the pasta pot and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the peanuts.