I thought I would share a peanut butter recipe as today is National Peanut Butter Lover’s day.
So when I make it the ingredients are:
- 1 cup milk (I normally use unsweetened almond milk for lower calories but have been trying to get more protein lately)
- 1/2 cup of 0% Fage Greek Yogurt (I have done the taste test and officially prefer Fage over Chobani and Trader Joe’s Greek Yogurt. Plus it has less sugar and more protein than a lot of other brands like Dannon, etc. but really any high protein yogurt will do)
- 1 frozen banana (MAKE SURE YOU CUT IT INTO CHUNKS BEFORE FREEZING!!!)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce (if you prefer sweeter, also put in a tablespoon of agave nectar or honey)
- Fistfuls of spinach (I just fill it to the brim)
Blend well and you won’t taste the spinach – only peanut butter and banana creaminess!
As Yo Gabba Gabba would say “Try it, you’ll like it!”